reflections of a walking man

reflections of a walking man

Thursday, June 9, 2011

Mary! Wanna? In Cunningham?






You never know what you might stumble upon as you walk across the country.
Yesterday, as I strode to the top of a small embankment near Cunningham, Kansas, to get an unobstructed view of the plains, and a creek that ran through, I discovered a patch of the deadly herb, the green stuff that old hippies and young stoners crave, the medicine that makes glaucoma patients…high. Yes, friends, I found a roadside crop of mary ju-wanna, weed, herb, call it what you will.
I know its hard to believe but I have never seen those plants before in real life, only in photos. Ive seen product itself, but not in this form. I was stymied as to what to do. Now some would think that I might try to take along as much as I could stash away, but for one thing, I don’t use the stuff. For another, if I were to use the stuff, and as much as I get stopped by the cops on an almost daily basis, it would be asking for trouble to even think about taking any along.
After much debate, I decided that I would just eat as much of it as I could. I heard that it makes you hungry, and I was feeling a bit starved, so I ate almost an acre. Now I feel funny inside and wanna sit and stare at my socks.
Actually, I just left it there. I took a few pictures, for posterity. My friend Joe told me that he was jealous that he didn’t find it first. To which I say, Joe, its all yours.
Anyone wanting to know the location of this little patch of paradise (for some) just stop right here. It is located on the northern side of Highways 54/400 about a mile and a half east of Cunningham, Kansas. Look for the meandering stream, and you’ll probably see it.
I honestly don’t know if it was intentionally planted or not, but 99 percent of it was behind a barbed wire fence, with only a few plants within reach. It is hidden from the highway by the small rise, though, so who knows?
The armadillos around here do look rather blissful though…..

No comments:

Post a Comment