reflections of a walking man

reflections of a walking man

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

The RV Park that is a bus station


Kit and Teresa are bikers. They love to ride. Except, they don’t get to ride much.
Kit, in his late 40’s or early 50’s, has long, greying hair that he keeps in a neat pony tail. Teresa is an attractive woman with a quick smile and nice reddish hair. They own the RV Park that also doubles for the Greyhound station in Delta, Colorado.
They bought the place three years ago, when it was a falling down mess, and have lovingly and painstakingly fixed it up to a level that I can attest is very very high. Nice services, nice people, 69 lots almost full to capacity, and another 19 waiting to be approved by the powers that be. Except that the powers that be, a bank, are playing hardball, when they should be lobbing softballs at these people. Kit and Teresa bought the place after moving here three years ago from Milwaukee. It was just as the the bottom was falling out of the market and they ended up with a high interest rate, and over the past three years have not only not missed a payment but have paid out over a quarter million dollars in interest to the bank. And the bank is screwing with them now when they want to improve and expand. The bank oughtta be ashamed of themselves, to be sure. They, Kit and Teresa have worked hard to make this place nice and it shows.
And toward that end, they have not been able to enjoy life like they should. “Ive put 500 miles on my bike this year, “ says Kit. That’s it. Five hundred miles in a year is a couple of days worth of riding. Why should good people have to work so hard for so little time for themselves. They still have not cut themselves a check for their labor, and that is a shame. They take it in stride though. Teresa says, that when she gets too stressed, she takes a few days off and runs back to Wisconsin to see her kids.
Llife shouldn’t be about having to escape. Life should be about enjoying each day. Every single one of them.

2 comments:

  1. SF, after I realized that I could swell the photos up, I saw a STURGIS emblem on Kit's shirt.

    It reminds me of some of the STURGIS metal signs that I sell to buy food for children around the world. The STURGIS signs R very popular and much more detailed than his shirt.

    I also have a bunch of Indian motorcycle signs which seems to be interesting to motorcycle people like Kit and Teressa.

    I'm just 'DOING SOMETHING' to help feed children around the world.

    ReplyDelete
  2. SF, I walked past the entrance to STURGIS years ago (I think it was on Interstate 80) but I didn't go in because my mission was to take the gospel of Christ to the poor all over the world and I didn't see any poor people driving up the entrance ramp going to celebrate.

    I do not know any poor people that have cars or trucks.

    The truck that you saw me in was not mine but Jesus borrowed a donkey and parably speaking that truck was my donkey.

    I do have a bicycle that I use to go get groceries now and then. This is a borrowed computer that Buddy Meyer allows me to use to do some of God's work with.

    I didn't see anyone on this comment site so I thought I would 'DO SOMETHING' to hopefully get the message to someone with compassion.

    U never no.

    ReplyDelete