reflections of a walking man

reflections of a walking man

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Aurel et Marion, de Francaise



When I first heard the conversation behind me I thought I misheard. Two young people motorcycling across the US. With French accents.
So, me being me, I had to ask them about what they were doing. And the pair, Aurel and Marion, did indeed confirm it. They were riding across the US. Not for charity. Not for any cause. Just for fun.
But it was the rest of the story that amazed me. Prior to crossing the US, they had crossed South America. And prior to that they had crossed Africa. And AFTER the US, they are going to cross Asia.
I asked Aurel, 28, how they could afford to do that. “We left out jobs to ride,” he said. Marion, 27, confirmed it. When they return to France, they will have to get jobs again.
“We’ve had a lot of nice people here put us up for the night, “ Aurel told me. Later, as I was leaving the McDonalds where I met them, Aurel came running out to get a photo of me. He asked me to pose with the McDonalds sign behind me. Im not sure if it was a compliment, but he said, “It looks more American.”
The pair have a blog at www.the-great-adventure-fr and it is in both French and English. Give it a look

2 comments:

  1. SF, I just reviewed Aurel and Marion's web site and sent a comment asking them to pass your web site to others if possible.

    I suggest that It would be a great help if the other 14 members and just the viewers would pass on your blog to their email contacts and ask them to forward it to their email contacts.

    I sent approx. 100 emails out the other day hoping that a couple would respond to you.
    I have to plant a lot of seeds and hope that a few germinate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I may request people to send your blog out every 2 weeks or so because all of your members may not have the opportunity to read this everyday and may miss reading it sometimes.

    I'm the type that 'DOES SOMETHING' to help the hungry every day like your buddy Harry did.

    ReplyDelete