reflections of a walking man

reflections of a walking man

Thursday, April 28, 2011

Leaving the storms behind.....


Its strange to be sitting in a McDonalds at noon, on a day after a tornado wall destroyed a lot of a place, and even though I was not directly hit, I was close enough to see the storms and hear the noise. Even Muscle Shoals, where I am, was not spared and a lot of people that are coming in the restaurant are talking about their families and people that they knew who were killed yesterday. I listen to them and feel almost like I should stay around to see if I can help but in truth I am on foot, with no real resources, and I know Id probably be more in the way than a help. Still, it is very somber day and the mood here is quiet. I also know that back home in Georgia, just a state away still, people were killed and in Jackson . where I live, it was a rough night too. I hope with all my heart that everyone is okay and that the pain from the destruction and loss will pass quickly.
So onward I go, into places that also were hit hard and hit bad. What will I see? Will my number come up in the next round of storms? I hope not. I will keep my jornal/blog updates as I can, and if anyone wants to directly call me my number is 678-883-6510. No prank calls or insurance salesmen, please.
PS> The pic on the blog is Helen Kellers Birthplace. The trees blew down yesterday.

No comments:

Post a Comment