reflections of a walking man

reflections of a walking man

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

A Letter from Caleb.....




I just got word from WhyHunger that a letter came in from Caleb Gosa, the man I met on my second day out. Along with a small cash donation to WhyHunger, he wrote the following ( I just called him for permission to reprint his words, to which he replied, “Y’all can do what you want with it, friend, I aint got no copyright on that thing.”)
Ladies and Gentlemen,
I am sending you a report on the guy that started walking across the US from Tybee Island, GA to San Francisco, Calif. to benefit your organization for the hungry. I do not know his name but we talked a while at the McDonalds on 3/16/11, the second day of his sore feet journey.
I will refer to him as “SF” for sore foot:
SF was sitting at a table in McD’s on his computer and also charging his cell phone.
I thought he was a homeless person because he had his backpack on the floor beside him.
I told him I had walked across the US 10 times in 28 months, walking, not hitchhiking but taking a ride when offered. I told him how to stop the pain, mostly.
He gave me your calling cards and the “Imagine” pin of John Lennon.
After I finished my conversation with him I left. When I stopped to fill up the truck, 2 women saw the sign on the truck doors and gave me 3 cases of fruit and a large carton of cakes. By the way, the sign on the truck door says, “FEED THE POOR. Help me help them”
I knew where to take the food to a place downtown to the homeless where I have fed over 50,000 meals.

SF has my calling card and said he will keep me updated on his journey. I wish I had thought to get his email address to give him encouragement not to stop his cause of his journey.
Bill Gates, Warren Buffett and the Sam Walton’s family could stop what has been going on for 10000 years of hunger but the interest of the account is all they will give and only a small portion of the interest. Their 100,000,000.00 homes is more important to them than the pain of hunger. I have gone 3 to 10 days without food many times…
Well, Ill shut up now but I want to send you a tiny seed and let you plant it and see if it grows.
By the way, I lived at the corner of 86th street and Central Park W (8th Ave) behind some bushes for 3 and a half months before the new park director discovered me and had the police run me off. I saw many celebrities walk by but not one offered assistance.
I love you guys so do not EVER stop your cause.
Caleb Gosa, a son of God.
Quite a nice letter, and one that really makes me feel like this world isn’t just full of creeps and sleazy politicians and people with bad thoughts and all of it. For every evil Chris Robbins there are a dozen Caleb Gosas who give me the motivation to carry on. See you again somewhere, Mr. Gosa.

2 comments:

  1. I also hope to see U again chief 'SORE FOOT'.

    I'll be walking with U but U won't be able to see me.

    By the way, which bridge R U going to cross when U reach the Mississippi river?

    U can chose New Orleans, La., Natchez, Ms., Vicksburg, Ms, Memphis, Tn. or try to back stroke across the river from Port Gibson, Ms. Those 3 tires on Ur cart will help U hold Ur head above the water.

    The Mississippi river is only 2 miles wide this time of year since y'all's snow is melting up north and pouring in our basin.

    I have been over all the bridges mentioned but my biological son has swam across the river at V'burg, Ms. and the last thing I heard, he is still breathing.

    The coast guard found him in an isolated area and brought him back across and when he got out of the boat, his uncle knocked the 'CRAP' out of him for scaring his aunt.

    Sorry, I got carried away there. Bye.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry, I made my last post on the wrong blog so let me put it where it should be.

    It said:

    FEED THE POOR
    PO Box 2267
    Savannah, Ga. 31402

    Now ain't that better?

    Love,
    ASONOFGOD

    ReplyDelete